Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  Wednesday! Time for hodgepodge over at Joyce's - From This Side of the Pond.

1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?
Just four at my house - daughter, sil, me and Biz. We are having meatballs (for sil), ham rollups (for daughter), turkey, green bean casserole, noodles (homemade), potatoes, and gravy of course. My plan is for none of us to be able to move after eating so much.
2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house?
I like them all - anything with peanut butter and chocolate is my first choice.

3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!)
I don't like milk. I used to have to take notes to school saying I would not drink it.
4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011?
I have to agree with the people that are naming the military. Their sacrifice is for all of us and our freedom.
5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one?
 I use the flashlight a lot to look into dark cupboards and I know exactly where it is.

6. candy canes...yum or yuck?
Somewhere in the middle of yum and yuck - I can take them or leave them.

7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you?
Means the most? Probably Silent Night. Can't really think of any deep reason why but it just seems to really convey the true meaning of Christmas to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is my last day of work for 12 days and I almost didn't post today. I have so much to do before I leave here - day should go very fast.

9 comments:

  1. Home made noodles are the best! Hope you enjoy all your days off, I was going to say free time, but silly me I know that won't be the case. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time off and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silent Night is another personal favorite of mine with a deeply moving message of Christmas' true meaning. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade noodles?!! Heavenly. And so energetic .... I'm impressed.

    Having 12 days off before Christmas sounds super too. Enjoy your vacation time.

    My two separate posts today:

    1] New Orleans Conclusion
    and
    2] WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

    Hope your day, so far, has been a glorious one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your time off from work and that your family has a blessed Christmas.....and thank you for thinking of our military, my son recently returned from his second tour.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on the candy canes and I love "Silent Night".

    Hope you enjoy your time off and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 12 days OFF! I am SO jealous! =) Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete