Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hodgepodge

Welcome back to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Be sure to add your link to the bottom of Joyce's post and then go visit the neighbors. After all, that's part of the fun! 


1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
October is the month for the "Spoon River Drive" - all the towns around the Spoon River have flea markets  and crafts everywhere, I'll be going on Saturday.

2.  Is chivalry dead?  Explain.
I wouldn't say it's dead. There are still some guys out there that try to protect and care for women. I'd like to think that both my son and SIL still possess some chivalry.

3.  On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut.  Which character is your favorite?  Which character is most like you?  (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen)  If you need a description click here .
I've always liked Shroeder for some reason.

4.  What's something you're competitive about?
Grades - I tend to excel when I have someone to compete with. I just hate for someone to do better than me - it makes me study more.

5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan?  How do you like your popcorn?  
Love popcorn - with lots of butter!

6.  When did you first realize the world is small?
Years ago I told my BF a story about the chained rock at Pineville, KY. She never really believed me. I was at her house one night and her aunt and uncle stopped by. Somehow, we got on the subject of the mountains and she told them my story. Her uncle knew the story. Turns out his grandmother was raised on Pine Mountain. She believes me now!

7.  In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
I haven't seen a lot but I love the capital building in Springfield, IL. I also love this building that I work in, Sherman Hall. The upstairs auditorium is just beautiful.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I got home last night at 8. Sleeping in my own bed was wonderful. The trip went well and I'll have lots of pictures to post later in the week.

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your pictures. As much fun as it is to travel, there's still something wonderful about sleeping in our own bed, isn't there? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoon River Drive sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. I love flea markets and crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am well familiar with Spoon River having grown up in western Illinois. The drive sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made him safely. Look forward to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, as far as I'm concerned...there's no place better than my good ol' comfy bed. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spoon River Drive sounds like a lot of fun! Welcome home...always nice to be back in your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spoon River Drive sounds like something i would LOVE - I do live in IL, but not close enough to make it this year...but I will totally be trying to get my hubby to plan a trip next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your Spoon River Drive sounds like a fun place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spoon River Drive sounds really fun. I love craft fairs! I'm looking forward to one in the middle of this month. Glad you made it home safe. It's always nice to rest in your own bed!!

    ReplyDelete