The Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 47
1. What's your favorite meal to serve on a chilly autumn evening?
Why chili of course! Or maybe potato soup, or maybe just hot dogs roasted over a fire outside!
2. Are you a creature of habit? Explain
.
.
I am. I worked a weekend job (on top of my regular one) until my daughter graduated college. I had to get up at 4 a.m. to open the local convenience store - I still get up early every Saturday and Sunday - can't help it.
3. What food product (no longer readily available) do you remember and miss from days gone by?
Country ham - can't get it up here. I always bring one back when I get down. Unfortunately,lately I've only managed to get there for funerals.
Country ham - can't get it up here. I always bring one back when I get down. Unfortunately,lately I've only managed to get there for funerals.
4. What's something you've lost that you've never been able to find? Any theories as to what happened?
My faith in marriage. I thought I it would last forever - I was wrong. I've never been able to trust a man that far since, I've had "significant others" - do right now - but marriage - never again.
My faith in marriage. I thought I it would last forever - I was wrong. I've never been able to trust a man that far since, I've had "significant others" - do right now - but marriage - never again.
5. Zoo~circus~ carnival...your favorite?
I love the zoo! I used to take the kids down to the St. Louis Zoo at least once a year. I think I liked it as much as they did.
I love the zoo! I used to take the kids down to the St. Louis Zoo at least once a year. I think I liked it as much as they did.
6. What song makes you feel instantly happy?
That would be "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt.
That would be "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt.
7. To what extent are you an argumentative person?
Not at all! I HATE to argue. When I get upset enough to actually argue, it makes me physically ill. I end up having an awful migraine for days after. And believe me, when the dam does break - it's really not pretty.
Not at all! I HATE to argue. When I get upset enough to actually argue, it makes me physically ill. I end up having an awful migraine for days after. And believe me, when the dam does break - it's really not pretty.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My grandbaby is a BOY! Couldn't take the fact that everybody else knew when I didn't.
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 11
Now I'll head over to Patrice's for a little chat on her porch. I do so love sitting on the porch with friends chatting about anything and everything.
Hello, again! I'm happy to be joining Patrice on her porch again this week.Fall is my favorite season - I just love all the colors but I absolute DREAD the cold temps that I know are coming. Hopefully those will stay away for a bit longer and it will be lovely weather to
sit on the porch.
QUESTIONS
- Are you afraid of heights or small places?
- What was on top of your wedding cake? (If you're not married- What was on top of your favorite birthday cake?)
- What was something you took for granted in school that you'd pay better attention to now if you could do it over?
- What's your favorite type of tea or coffee? (ie: Chai tea, green tea, English Breakfast tea)
- Would you rather drive the car, or be a passenger?
My answers:
- I love heights, especially the mountains. I tend to be a little claustrophobic at times - I can't even sleep with the door shut.
- I don't think there was anything on top of my cake - I didn't have a big wedding, just a few friends with a little gathering after.
- I took always having someone around to fix my vehicle when something needed done for granted. Boy do I wish I'd have taken an auto mechanics class. Mechanics are so EXPENSIVE and I really think they do take advantage of women who don't know anything about cars.
- I actually won't buy anything except plain old Folgers coffee. Now if I go to a coffee house - Mocha Carmel is my fave.
- I'd rather drive. Something about being in control of the vehicle.


Catching up with you this Wednesday. I keep promising to join the Wednesday Hodgepodge every week and keep forgetting. I'm gonna have to zip over there to get the meme button so I won't forget next time.
ReplyDeleteCheck out some of my posts...
Chit Chat On Patrice’s Farmhouse Porch
Wayback Wednesdays…1993
Have a good day!
Cathy Kennedy, Children’s Author
“The Tale of Ole Green Eyes”
Seems like most of us prefer the driving. I definitely agree that it's a control thing. On our last trip, we were driven up and down a winding mountain road. I almost went crazy on the way up ...on the way down I had to sit behind the driver so I could pretend I was driving. Really scary stuff.
ReplyDeleteI like heights too but depends on where I am and what is down there hahaha. I am claustrophobic in places below the ground or underwater, eeekkk!! Thanks for the visit and happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to learn you have lost your faith in marriage but am glad that you have not totally lost your faith in relationships.
ReplyDeleteGreat post :)
Potato soup! I forgot to put potato soup! I recently made an Irish potato soup that has fast become our fave! My mother is the same way about marriage. Hers didn't last and she's never trusted another man. I'm not sure which way I'd go if Hubs and I didn't make it. Hubs taught all the lovelies a great deal about car repairs. Boys are always amazed at how much they know about it!
ReplyDeleteI think you could probably order the ham online. Try Smithfield and see how that goes.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed visiting with you.
Mama Bear
Congrats of the Grand SON - how wonderful. I'm so sorry that you lost your faith in marriage. Marriage is such a wonderful thing but I can understand that if it goes wrong, it would be hard to put yourself out there ever again.
ReplyDeleteI wondered if you'd "cave" on knowing the sex of your grandbaby.
ReplyDeleteI have to confess that after my first marriage ended (just a few short months after we'd discussed having another child - because he found someone else "better"), I had a sour taste in my mouth at the prospect of marriage. I waited 10 years before even thinking about getting serious about another man.
I was married for 10 years to a man who refused to work. I could handle that but he had a very BAD temper (no physical abuse - but lots of screaming, yelling, hitting and breaking things that I had to replace). I took it as long as I could and had to get out. Since then I've been quite jaded and I must admit that sometimes I just won't let a man get that close.
ReplyDeleteBTW - my ex now works and supports his girlfriend who does not - Go figure!
Not only do I LOVE your site and the fact the you are your Kid's Mom and proud of it!...I like all your answers...Potato soup sounds SO yummy... got a good recipe??? I've started dabbling in home made soups again now that I am cooking for one ... I've actually mastered cream of broccoli (YAY!!!)
ReplyDeleteand I completely agree with losing faith in marriage -- but don't tell my daughter... (it can be our secret! )