Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hodgepodge

Welcome back to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Be sure to add your link to the bottom of Joyce's post and then go visit the neighbors. After all, that's part of the fun! 

This week's questions: 


1.  Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking. The year my daughter was born I found a pattern for a Christmas stocking that I really liked and made them for what at the time was three of us. Since that year, I have probably made close to a thousand of those stockings. One year my bf approached me the week before Christmas and asked if I could possibly get 19 of them done before she had a special Christmas party. Her whole family was going to be home for the first time in years. That week flew by with every spare minute spent crocheting. I even enlisted my daughter to help me but we got them all done. I've altered the pattern to where I can make them from about 6 inches to a huge one I made for my nephew - it was 36 inches long! They normally are about 18 inches. I'm going to put mine up tomorrow night and will try to take a picture!
picture as promised


2.  How many hours of sleep do you average at night?  Is it enough? Usually about 6 and it seems to be enough for me.

3.  If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?  Um...... definitely NOT coffee - I may be able to do without my flavored creamers for that long - but I wouldn't like it.

4.  The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals? Nope!

5.  For me,  the sound of childhood is giggles.

6.  Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit? I have to say nay. I've had a few that weren't too bad but most are just horrible.

7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end? A baby blanket for my grandson who's due in April.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. My last final is next Monday. I graduate - again - on the 15th. Then on to my Master's. I will be taking a semester off so I'll be available to help daughter with the new baby if she needs me. I cannot wait for next May! Son, dil and my G1 will be coming home on leave! I'll have TWO grandsons here at the same time. After discussing with son and dil, I have put off the England trip until next fall or the following January. That way daughter and G2 will be able to go too! I really don't want to travel by myself. It will be the first time I go overseas.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your grandson! So exciting :) And... Super exciting to be graduating :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1000 stockings? Wow! I am impressed and looking forward to seeing the picture. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and good luck on those finals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...a new baby to love. Nothing sweeter! Big congrats on your upcoming graduation...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so nice that you make the stockings. what a great holiday keepsake for someone.
    I am lucky if I get 6 hours of continuous sleep - and it's definitely not enough. hence, I would not be giving up coffee either. But yes, I could give up fruitcake. LOL

    I can't help it...I am excited for the Royals. It's just nice to see something good happen for one of Princess Diana's boys. Being Canadian, and thus still somewhat linked to the monarchy, they are kind of like our adopted sons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubs and I are hoping to get to the UK this year. I love September in England...maybe for our birthdays? They're both in September : ) Your stockings are cute! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete