
Blowing snow is not much fun.
Had to stay in Macomb overnight.
College shut down at noon Thursday.
But I waited for the Biz.
He didn't get off till 3.
Cops stopped us at the junction.
Closed the road - it was impassible.
Came home Friday morning around 6.
Cars in ditches all the way.
One semi turned over on side.
Many still there last night too.
When I went to get Biz.
Roads are still a mess today.
Biz had to go to Galesburg.
His daughter got home from Afghanistan!
Drove 60 miles on these roads.
Bus got in an hour early.
We missed her by that hour!
But we will see her tonight.
I am in the eastern part of Illinois, and you sound like you got a lot more snow than us. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMy 6ws is here:
http://mlissabeth.wordpress.com/2012/12/22/six-word-saturday-1222/
Wow! That was a lot of 6 word sentences,telling a story of snow, and the problems it can bring! Hope things get better from here...and that you will have a very Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteLinda
This brought back flashbacks from a few years ago when we drove from Nebraska to Florida. Glad you made it home safe.
ReplyDeleteWinter driving conditions are miserable and scary, but a daughter coming home from Afghanistan is reason to celebrate! I remember how wonderful it felt when my son landed back on American soil after being in Iraq. Have a lovely Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWhew! Glad it all worked out! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned Macomb. Macomb High 100 years ago, I remember it well.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are home safe. Merry Christmas!