1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge, for those of us in
the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you? Summer? Anything by the Beach Boys, I don't know of any new group that says "Summer" like they did.
2. What is the quintessential summer food? Fried green tomatoes, fried zucchini, hamburgers on the grill....
3.
I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ turnpike in
recent weeks. Did you know the rest stops on the turnpike are named
after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Grover Cleveland just to name a few. Of those I listed who would you most like to have known and why?I would have loved to know Thomas Edison, he was so ahead of his time.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move? I left home at 16 - graduated early and went to college - never returned home once I left.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money? Saving gives me satisfaction but once in a while, usually if I have a lot of stress going on, spending on something will make me feel a little better.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.I think that people coming together to help others brings out the good. Like organizing a benefit for a family who has lost their home to a fire, or children who lose a parent to illness...
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy at Reflections...are
you taking a vacation or staycation this summer? If so where are will
you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special
plans to fill the time?I am hoping to make a trip home (VA) maybe in August.
8. Insert your own random thought here.I can't help but think I need to explain my comments here - I left home at 16 and never returned to my parents house. I want to go "home" which is VA, where all of my good childhood memories are from.

Now you've got me hungry for burgers on the grill. If the wind ever dies down enough (we're in a new subdivision that used to be farm land, so there aren't a lot of trees here to break the wind), I'd love to get a fire going on the grill and have some hamburgers!
ReplyDeleteIt seems most of us left home at a youngish age. So many now live with their parents well into their 20's. I was ready to get on with my future.
ReplyDeletewow you did leave home young---come on back to sweet virginia :)
ReplyDeleteGreat question and answers. You sound like a strong, independent person.
ReplyDeletePlay off the Page
Yum, hamburgers on the grill. One of my favorites too. My long time friend tells me she remembers always having hamburgers, macaroni salad and iced tea at my home in the summer when we were teenagers. Good food and great friends :)
ReplyDelete