Thursday is here again and it's time to do a little "pondering" with Brenda
from Fiction With a Purpose.
Her rules are really easy:
1. Grab the Pondering with a Purpose Badge (in her sidebar)
2. Look at the week's prompt
3. Post something on your blog that relates to the prompt - it can be a
story, a poem, a picture -- anything you want it to be.
4. Go back here and add the URL from your post to the linky list on Brenda's.
5. Go check out the other bloggers who have added their links to the list.
6. AND most of all.... Have fun!
This Week's prompt is: Baby Contests
I don't have much to say about mothers parading their little girls around and trying to make them into adults before they have a chance to be kids - except that I think it's WRONG! Have you seen some of the outfits they put these little girls in? How do you dress a child in provocative clothes that I'd have a hard time seeing my 28 year old daughter in? Doesn't make sense to me.
Now as far as actual "cutest baby" contests - I don't really see any harm - we all think we have the cutest babies don't we?

MAN.... you are on this quickly today!
ReplyDeleteAnd of course we all have the cutest baby! But then don't you feel really bad for the ones that really aren't?
I have seen some that were not but I'm sure their parents think they are - beauty is in the eye of the beholder ya know.
DeleteIf you read my post you will see a picture of a cute baby. I agree that there is a big difference between that and the Toddlers and Tiaras. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteCute baby Marti and I think I can see a resemblance between you and your daughter.
DeleteYes, I have seen the outfits. And you will see in my post who else is seeing these young girls too!
ReplyDeleteBut cutest baby contests that actually have babies - being babies - nothing cuter!
Just hopped over to read your post - so true!
DeleteYour comments are so right on. It just makes me feels so sad for little girls who will never have a normal life.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. A cute baby contest is one thing. Parading a small girl around with tweezed eyebrows, colored and permed hair and dressed in outfits no one wants to be seen in in polite company is just sad.
ReplyDelete