Thursday again! Time to do a little "pondering" with Brenda
from Fiction With a Purpose.
Her rules are really easy:
1. Grab the Pondering with a Purpose Badge (in her sidebar)
2. Look at the week's prompt
3. Post something on your blog that relates to the prompt - it can be a
story, a poem, a picture -- anything you want it to be.
4. Go back here and add the URL from your post to the linky list on Brenda's.
5. Go check out the other bloggers who have added their links to the list.
6. AND most of all.... Have fun!
Well, I'd have to say that I am living my life the best that I know how. Sure, it's not perfect and there have been lots of obsticles to overcome along the way, but it could definitely be a lot worse - it HAS been a lot worse at times.
As far as the "Master Plan" and what to do when that doesn't work out...... I've always been a huge believer in having multiple plans! Plan A, Plan B......... The road always throws unexpected curves in our way but you just have to keep on trudging down that road!
I raised my kids pretty much on my own, with very little help from their father. Although, I do have to give him the credit that he did see the kids a couple times a month and when times were really bad, I would tell him that he was going to HAVE TO help me pay for something and he usually came through so although I never got much child support, I can't honestly say he did nothing.
I got through that, got both kids through high school, one through college, and one through tech school. Those were lean years but they are over and things are better now. I have a house that belongs to me. It's not the fanciest house in the world but it's mine and for the past two years, I've been working on making it the way I want it. It will probably take me the rest of my life but I'm doing it a little at a time as I can afford to.
I have a job that enables me to pay the bills and I'm not hungry. I even have a little extra sometimes - sometimes not. But all in all, it's good. So I'd say that I'm definitely "living life" and not the other way around.

I love reading your responses to my ponderings...
ReplyDeleteFirst because we have lived such similar lives... and second because you just seem to write things that resonate with me.
I am so glad we connected and again... thanks for pondering with me!
I choose living, because life is what you make of it. I think you have done an amazing job of living.
ReplyDeleteVery nice thoughts to share.
ReplyDeleteI know that sometimes the road seems so hard, but it is at time, that I take a minute and look at all the good things that I have. I remember my mom used to tell me that problems build character, and that it so true, plus strength. Every challenge conquered is a building block for the next challenge. So I congratulate you on living your life.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a very good life to me. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is such a nice listing of achievement. The important things in life were taken care of.
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I love coming to your blog and seeing your pet and family photos up top. It makes me smile.
ReplyDeleteI agree that it is important to have multiple plans.