
1. Americans will celebrate Labor Day this coming weekend. Do you know what we're actually celebrating? (without consulting your friends Google or wikipedia, ahem) What's a project you're currently 'laboring' over? Yes I do! I am currently "laboring" over getting the trim work on my house painted!
2.
Labor Day also signals the unofficial end of summer for most of
us...what summer food will you miss the most? If you're in the southern
hemisphere feel free to substitute winter for summer. Fried green tomatoes! I have actually frozen them in the past. They're good - but not as good as fresh.
3. A well known proverb states, 'It's easier to seek forgiveness than ask permission.' Your thoughts? I've heard that one - it seems to have been a favorite with the men in my life. I do NOT agree.
4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic....which hat would you most like to wear? Definitely not film or art - I do love to read so that could fit but I think I like to eat more!
5. When you were a kid, who (besides your parents) was your favorite adult? My uncle Elwood. He was the "patriarch" of the family and he evidently inherited more of the Cherokee blood than the rest of the family because he could have passed for full blooded Indian. I was in awe of him my entire childhood.
6. The astronaut, Neil Armstrong,
passed away last week. He was regarded as a hero by many generations
of people all around the world. Do we still have modern day heroes?
What makes someone a hero? I can remember sitting in front of the TV and watching that first moon walk. Do we still have modern day heroes? Perhaps, but I can't think of any.
7. I never get tired of being a mom - and believe it or not, I have actually heard people say that they were tired of being one, too many responsibilities, etc..... - I've never understood how anyone could even think that much less say it!
8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm very tired this morning - had trouble sleeping last night for some reason - therefore, I have no random thoughts today.
Random thoughts, I have the two bedrooms cleaned and the furniture waxed. I wish the good fairy would stop by and finish the cleaning for me. ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how many people have answered #5 with uncle. I had a favorite uncle growing up too and I know my girls are crazy about their uncles.
ReplyDelete#3-I think when I hear that proverb I tend to think of people behaving badly. Some people went more in the direction of feeling impatient cutting thru unneccessary red tape.
Hope you get a good night's sleep!
I hope you get a good night sleep tonight :) Grilled corn is my favorite! We grill about 3 times a week in the summer!
ReplyDelete