Fate- a
predetermined course of events. It may be conceived as a predetermined future,
whether in general or of an individual. It is a concept based on the belief
that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos.
Do you believe in fate?
Yes/no/somewhat? I believe that all things were “predetermined” long ago so I
guess you could say that I somewhat believe in fate. BUT, I believe that I
possess the ability to change things in my own life and the lives of others.
You can’t just say “oh well, the ship is sinking and there’s nothing we can do
– it’s fate. You have to try and make a difference in any way that you can. I
may end up going down with the ship but I’ll be bailing until I go under!

I totally agree with you! Fate is real, but we can't expect anything to happen if we don't work for it as well!
ReplyDeleteI think I have control over what I do but often feel like fate has it in for me.
ReplyDeleteFate be damned - bring on the demons, the brimstone, and all the fury of Hell and I will fight to the death before I surrender to Fate! (sounds good, eh! - bit dramatic actually!)
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, you pose some interesting thoughts and questions. At times I think we are on a preordained course and yet we all can choose to go either left or right at the crossroad up ahead. Question begs, do we choose one or the other because that is our fate...hmm...too deep! I'll stick to battling the demons etc.
Great "F" post.
Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.