I'm joining the coffee chat again this morning! If you'd like to join, head over to Rory's at Time out for Mom. The topic is: Pet Peeves
Yes, I have a few of them as we all do.
Top of the list is - College students who cannot speak or write proper English - and we're not talking about international students here - we're talking about those from the good old U.S.A.! I could go on and on about this (and have in previous posts) but I won't. Let's just say that it really annoys me!
I can't abide toast crumbs in the butter or butter in the jam! Really people, can you not wipe the knife off before you stick it in the other container!
People who look down their nose at others and judge people by what they see on the outside.
I'm going to stop there -for now at least!
I totally get number one... I am one of those international students and I know my English is by no means perfect but how can it be that I was the only student in my High School English class who had an A??? After only having lived here for 2 years.
ReplyDeleteI have to laugh over the toast crumbs in the jam or peanut butter. This bothers me so-so, but I hate seeing anything in the mayo. I know call me crazy...but not to my face. Okay? Nah, you can call me crazy to my face. I'll just agree with you.
ReplyDeleteOh heavens, I know what you mean about kids in college not being able to write in English and they are from the US. That's what happens with all of our high tech gadgets. We have a bunch of lazy kids and adults, too. Tst, Tst, Tst!
No one, I repeat no one likes feeling like they are being judged. As I always said, if I point a finger at anyone then I have four pointing back at myself. So, why on earth would I want to point a finger or look down my nose at someone else when I'm far from perfect.
Thanks for visiting!
Great post and food for thought.
ReplyDeletedreamweaver
#1 - so so true. I am ashamed to admit my own brother has terrible grammar and spelling. But I don't blame him...he never should have graduated high school for goodness sakes, but they never fail anyone anymore!
ReplyDeleteoh the crumbs on the counter, on the floor so that they stick to my feet every darn morning. ugh and more ugh. Course, I am sure he did mean to get to them..."later." LOL
thanks for joining the chat!
Toast crumbs in anything, butter, mayo, mustard or my beloved Cheez Whiz, NOOOOOOO
ReplyDelete